It's no big secret that I'm a big fan of coffee. After we moved to Jimbaran, where there are not that many good coffee spots, we've been working a lot more from home, wich means we are making a lot of coffee. Over the past few weeks, I have been experimenting with using leftover coffee grounds as part of my skincare routine. This DIY Coffee Scrub is made with all natural ingredients and is a great wake-up for your skin.
Coffee is naturally a great antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
And apperantly coffee scrubs are supposed to:
- get rid of puffy eyes
- diminish the appearance of cellulite
- tighten and tone the look of your skin
- serve as an exfoliant, when you use the grounds as a scrub
Plus, the smell of coffee is amazing.
The ingredients in this scrub are about as simple as it gets. You need:
1) 1 cup coffee grounds
2) 1 cup sugar (any sugar will work, but I recommend a more finely-ground sugar, like brown sugar, if your skin is sensitive.)
3) 1 cup oil (I used olive oil, but coconut oil works well too)
Mix and you'll have an all natural scrub that smells like morning in minutes!