Tasty Tuesday is a brand new weekly recipe section where we will explore healthy & easy to make, vegan and vegetarian dishes.
I love cooking and even more than cooking, I love dishes that don't take over an hour to make! We like to move around a lot, some days we are working in downtown Reykjavik as baristas and others we hop between coffee shops designing and blogging on our laptops. Living a fast pace life often comes down on our diet, but we have slowly discovered more and more easy to make, yet delicious recipes that we want to share with you weekly here in Tasty Tuesday.
Cucumber Avocado Rolls
This week we are making delicious cucumber rolls filled with avocado.
Total time: 15-20 minutes – serves about 15 rolls.
Here’s what you need:
• 1 Avocado
• 1/4 Cup of Cilantro leaves (Basil leaves work great as well)
• 1-2 Cloves Garlic
• 2 teaspoons Lime Juice
• 1/2 teaspoon Salt (Add more to your tasting)
• 1/2 teaspoon Grinded Pepper (Add more to your tasting)
• 1 Cucumber
• Cayenne pepper or Smoked/Sweet Paprika for garnish
1. Start by fine cutting the garlic and cilantro and then add them with all the ingredients (except the cucumber and cayenne pepper / paprika) in a bowl and mash together until smooth and soft. Or just throw it all in a blender or food processing machine and make it do the work for you!
2. Use a potato peeler or a European cheese cutter to slice long and thin strips from the cucumber.
3. Spread a thin layer of the avocado mix on the cucumber strips and roll up. No toothpicks needed! Why? Because you’re just that awesome!
4. Now for some artistic and finishing touches, add some cayenne pepper if you like a little taste bud-punch or paprika.
Note that the cucumber waters really quickly so if you are bringing the rolls to a party, I recommend preparing the avocado mix beforehand and bringing a potato peeler and assemble the rolls at the party.
Super easy & super delicious.
Next week is going to be a treat and the recipe is so simple. Make sure you don’t miss it and sign up to our newsletter and you will be the first hear about it.