Tasty Tuesday is upon us once again! Now if you missed out last week, we made Garlic Roasted Mushrooms which were amazing! You should definitely try them, they are like music is to the ears, except they are vegetables….for your mouth!
Tasty Tuesdays are all about easy, delicious and fun recipes, and today is no exception!
Today we are making beautiful and yummy Guacamole Potatoes with apple topping!
Prep time: 15 minutes - Cook time: 30 minutes - Total time: 45 minutes
• 4 medium-large sized Potatoes
• 2 avocados
• 1 clove minced garlic
• 1/2 cup / 110 g corn kernels
• 1/2 cup / 110 g pinto beans
• 1/2 cup / 110 g chopped tomato
• 1/4 cup / 60 g diced red onion
• Juice of 1/2 a lemon
• 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 apple to cut into thin slices/sticks for garnish on top
• Cilantro leaves for garnish
• Olive oil
• Garlic powder
• Cayenne pepper (optional for those who like it spicy)
Don’t let the ingredient list scare you, this is a super easy recipe!
1. Preheat the oven to 200 ºC / 400 ºF.
2. Cut the potatoes in half, then use a spoon or knife to scoop out some of the potato leaving a thin border (if you are hungry, leave a thicker boarder)
3. Put 2 tablespoons of Olive oil in a bowl and add 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix it all together.
4. Dip the potatoes in the seasoned oil and place in a backing dish. Put the baking dish in the oven and leave for 30 minutes or longer if needed. They should be soft enough for a fork to get easily through them.
5. Now we start on the Guacamole! Put the avocado into a medium sized bowl and mash it with a fork until smooth and soft. Add 1/2 cup (110 g) corn kernels, 1/2 cup (110 g) pinto beans, 1/2 cup (110 g) chopped tomato, 1/4 cup (60 g) diced red onion, 1 clove minced garlic, juice of 1/2 a lemon, 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and mix all together. Add cayenne pepper to make it spicy. (I recommend tasting and adding some more seasoning if you think it’s lacking spices)
6. Scoop the guacamole onto each potato cup.
7. Add the sliced apple sticks on top and garnish with cilantro leaves.
How easy was that! These potato charmers taste just as good as they look and they are so much fun to make! Now it’s your turn to try them and let us know how you liked them!
If you liked this recipe, be sure to sign up to our mailing list and receive our weekly “Tasty Tuesday” recipe among other members only goodies and updates from Just Us.