Another typical Tuesday in Tastyland! Yeah that’s right, we’ve got a brand new, delicious recipe for you to try out!
Now, I know I often talk about how much I love easy, quick and healthy meals, and maybe you’ve got the point by now! But they’re just that awesome! You don’t have to be a king to eat like one! And it doesn’t have to be expensive, time-consuming or unhealthy either! That said, let’s take a closer look at what we will be making today.
This is one of my favorite quick and light meals. This dish also goes great with the Garlic Buttered Mushrooms we made a few weeks ago.
Asparagus & cherry tomatoes drizzled in balsamic vinegar & basil
Total time to make: 20 minutes - Serves 2 people
• 1 lb / 450g Asparagus
• 2 cups / 250g Cherry Tomatoes
• 1/2 cup / 120 ml Balsamic Vinegar
• Olive oil
• Fresh basil
1. Start by preheating the oven to 400 ºF / 200 ºC.
2. Trim the ends of the asparagus and slice the tomatoes in half and place them in a baking dish that you have oiled with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add another teaspoon of olive oil on top of the asparagus and tomatoes and then add a bit of salt and pepper. Now put the dish in the oven and leave for about 15 minutes, or until the asparagus is a bit softer and brown.
3. While magic is happening in the oven, let’s move on to the balsamic vinegar. Put 1/2 cup / 120ml into a sauce pan and heat it for 15-20 minutes, until it thickens.
4. Now drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the asparagus and tomatoes, fine cut a bit of fresh basil for garnish.
Thanks for stopping by, check out our other recipes and sign up to to our email list to receive members only tips and goodies!