Today's recipe is a one of my personal favorites. This spicy salad is bursting with flavor and vitamins, and tastes ridiculously good. I love spicy food, but for some reason I had never really thought of combining that with my boring salads! Spicy salad. Where have you been all my life? Fresh salad, quinoa, beans and hot sauce! Too easy.
• 1 cup quinoa
• 6 cups fresh spinach, arugula and other salad of your choice
• 1 red onion, chopped
• 1 can pinto beans
• 1 cup corn
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
• 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
• 2-4 tbsp habanero sauce
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 tsp agave syrup
• 1 tsp cumin
• Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. Add 1/2 cup quinoa and 1 cup of water into a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once its boiling, reduce the heat and cover and let it simmer until most of the water has been absorbed. Usually it takes about 15-20 minutes for it to be ready.
2. In a large salad bowl, add the spinach and arugula, bell pepper and the onion.
3. When the quinoa is ready, add the pinto beans and corn to it and mix it together to warm up the beans.
4. Combine the salad, quinoa and dressing, mix together & enjoy!